Mental Illness Anyone dealt with this dilemma?

Toni

Due to 14 surgeries, Parkinson's. a permanent colostomy, heart problems, near blindness etc etc--- I have dealt with suicidal thoughts.
Therapy was useless because the therapist had never been down that road. I found hope in my faith that Jesus would take me home
in His good timing and wipe away all tears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
It sounds like you have had lots to deal with Toni so it is no surprise to see you are struggling with your mental health. I would suggest that it is a normal (well not normal, but you know what I mean!) response to your physical troubles and I would be very shocked if you had no mental ill health.

It is good that you have faith in Jesus, that gives you something to focus on that is a positive in all of your negatives. I am not a religious man, nor do I pretend to be - but I admire people who put their faith in Jesus and God.

Have you had any therapy to try and help you learn some coping mechanisms for when things are getting a bit tough...?

Keep your chin up. I admire your strength and courage to be so open about your troubles.

((Toni))

Upvote 0

Toni

HI Lee,
I am pretty much a "do it yourselfer". lol That is just my style as I love helping others and this often leads to a focus that substitutes my own helplessness leading to an enormous compassion for others. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
Yes, that makes sense - in a way I do the same thing.

When I am really at my lowest, I often seek out likeminded people to support and that in itself makes me forget about my own problems.

I don't think that is necessarily a bad trait that should be avoided. I think it is brave to put the needs of others above your own and you should be very proud of yourself for showing such compassion.

Upvote 0

Toni

>>>> Lee said "When I am really at my lowest, I often seek out likeminded people to support and that in itself makes me forget about my own problems"
Toni says, I hope you know that members like you just the way you are. Those who would judge you need to vamoose.

Upvote 0