• Please respect the wishes of the thread author by not asking inappropriately personal questions without permission.

Ask Lee anything!

PGen98

Title Custom
Community Leader
I think that apple are a despicable company and I don't do business with them. I do not own a single apple product. My wife has an iPhone and iPad, but she likes them and won't be swayed away. I have tried. Haha.
I'm in the exact same boat, I don't touch Apple products. Couldn't get me near paying that much money for what is essentially a *Nix system on proprietary hardware. Give me Linux any day!

Oh right, the questions...umm...do you use Linux? What's your favourite distro, if so?

OP
Lee

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
I like elementary OS, but admit I haven't exclusively used a Linux based operating system in a number of years.

PGen98

Title Custom
Community Leader
I like elementary OS, but admit I haven't exclusively used a Linux based operating system in a number of years.
Elementary's a really nice looking OS, for sure! Haven't tried it yet, I've been sticking more to Pop_OS and Linux Mint in recent times, but as someone that likes to distro-hop, it's on my list! I use Linux on my laptop and usually on my desktop, though I'm stuck on Windows 10 at the moment until I can upgrade and get onto new hardware, then it'll be Linux (thinking Fedora 34 Cinnamon) with Windows VMs for the software I still need. I could ramble all day about computers, and especially about LInux distros!

Do you prefer prebuilt or custom building your desktops?

OP
Lee

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
I'd prefer to custom build wherever possible. You cannot beat the feeling of building your own computer :)