Games Can you identify these objects?

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
Can you figure out the name and purpose for these vintage items? I'll post the first one. The person who guesses correctly posts the next image and so on. Please wait until the image poster confirms your guess before continuing the game.

Don't be afraid to take a wild guess. You might be right. 🙂

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
#1.

ufUN06.jpg

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
That's got me completely stumped, it looks like something you put coals in to keep something hot/warm, but...yeah...I'm totally lost.

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
0 for 2 so far. You can keep guessing, there's no limit on guesses. If no one has guessed by tomorrow, I'll tell you what it is.

Last edited:

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
So here 'tis, the Toas Tite. I still have the one my Mom used to make my brother & I the most delicious grilled cheese and little pies when we were kids.

My boyfriend had one and we used to take it when we went camping.

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
No, you're not dense @PGen98 - these items were popular around the mid 20th Century, before your time. That's what makes this game challenging.

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
Times up, those are all caps we used back in the day to keep opened bottles of carbonated beverages from losing their fizz once their caps were popped - no screw tops back then. They were metal on top and usually had rubber on the bottom, sometimes cork.