The Life Spot
What's new

Designers' Brands!

Naiwen

Apr 1, 2021
Ugh, upon seeing that ugly as hell Channel handbag for 49,999 USD$ before tax, I'm thinking : "who'd buy and wear this? " These designers' brands stuff are so ridiculously ugly and tasteless these days man, I've bought mine for 19,99$CAD before tax at Ardene and I'm happy with it myself. Designers' brands and luxury aint necessary in life and I spend more time inside the house than out, because that's how I like it, a quiet and peaceful life, in my personal space forever. What are designers thinking nowadays, I've no idea! But I'm fuming just thinking that someone would spend that much on a handbag or other luxury item when they are people starving and without homes all over the world. If I were filthy rich, I'd donate my money away to lift up poverty in the world personally. Course, that's just utopia from me personally but yeah.

Dave

Apr 1, 2021
Designer brands are overrated and overpriced - there is no way I would pay silly money for a basic item of clothing or an accessory just because it has a brand name on it.

I imagine that a lot of designer brand items are made in sweatshops for pennies and sold for huge profits, whilst those who make the items are no better than slaves and mistreated by money hungry sadists. I don't mind paying for quality goods, but never a branded item of a dubious moral source.

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
Even "ethical" brands have been shown to have dubious morality in recent years. Most of the clothes we buy are unfortunately made from modern day slavery.

It is a sad state of affairs but ultimately we lead with our wallets and people buy up this shit and the cycle continues.

ZandraJoi

May 8, 2021
I am not one who cares for fashion. I get most of my clothes from resale shops. If I do buy new, I try to buy organic & fair-trade. Money is talk out there & I believe if we don't buy sweat-shop items, the supply & demand will go down & they'll be out of business.

Ash

May 16, 2021
I'm not going to go into debt or spend money I can't afford to but I do like getting some designer brands. Nothing too expensive though. There is no way I would spend £1k on a jacket for example

Lammchen

May 10, 2021
I don't really care to spend an excessive amount of money on what I wear and probably right now the majority of my clothes are from Goodwill. That's not to say that they're old and worn because some of them came with tags still on them.

There are some name brand clothes that outlast the Target brands so shopping at places like Goodwill means finding bargains but also quality materials that will last.

JoyFreak

May 27, 2021
I love designer and fashion brands. My favoruite are Givenchy, Gucci and Goyard. The 3 G's :)

Ash

May 16, 2021
I don't really care to spend an excessive amount of money on what I wear and probably right now the majority of my clothes are from Goodwill. That's not to say that they're old and worn because some of them came with tags still on them.

There are some name brand clothes that outlast the Target brands so shopping at places like Goodwill means finding bargains but also quality materials that will last.
Are thrift shops the same as Goodwill? I know that TikTok users seem to love Thrift shops now and some people are literally going over there to find good looking/expensive items to then resell.

This weeks popular threads

Latest posts

Menu Hub Community Blogs Help