diagnosed with Asperger's

zoldos

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome by two independent doctors when I signed up for disability. Wow, that explains a lot! I have extreme anxiety in social situations, and find face to face interaction extremely tedious. The interesting thing about this condition is that most people with it have a near genius intellect...

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
I work with a fellow who has it and he is indeed a very intelligent man. I personally have ADD (outgrew the hyperactive component) and my boyfriend has ADHD and we are both very creative people. His deaf sister has autism and ADHD and I think she is a bit of a savant. I guess the brain compensates so where you are deficient in one area(s), another area seems more active.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Community Helper
Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
I forgot to mention clinical depression. :( I take several meds which help, but I still can't work. I do have a good support system tho!
That's good that you have a solid support system, that's very important! It's very hard to push forward when your support structure is limited, I know that for a fact! Keep on pushing forward!

Mira

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
That is indeed a lot you have on your plate. The way you mention it I got the feeling you don't see yourself with a great intellect or did I spot that wrong?

gibby

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
people with Asperger's I find are awesome! very unique and as you say a lot are very intelligent and bright if not genius some of them. The down side is like yourself a lot also have to deal with mental health issues like depression and anxiety. I am pleased to read you have good support that is great to read. Welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy it here.

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
That is indeed a lot you have on your plate. The way you mention it I got the feeling you don't see yourself with a great intellect or did I spot that wrong?
My g/f says I'm a genius and various people I've interacted with have said the same. But I'm modest....

OP
zoldos

zoldos

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
people with Asperger's I find are awesome! very unique and as you say a lot are very intelligent and bright if not genius some of them. The down side is like yourself a lot also have to deal with mental health issues like depression and anxiety. I am pleased to read you have good support that is great to read. Welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy it here.
Thank you so much!! :D