Do you still subscribe to cable TV or are you a cord cutter?

Soulwatcher

I am a cord cutter; it's been a long time since I subscribed to cable TV. I use antenna TV and streaming services. I don't see the point of paying for cable TV when its full of reruns and overloaded with commercials. What about you? Do you still subscribe to cable TV or are you a cord cutter?

Reactions: Lee

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
No cable TV for me. I cut the cord so to speak last month. Not one regret.

Dave

We don't have much in the way of cable TV in the UK, we used to many years ago when we had Rediffusion as an alternative to terrestrial. We do have satellite (Sky TV) and plenty of streaming options.

I believe that in some areas Virgin runs off cable, but it's not everywhere.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Community Leader
That was the driving force behind us cutting the cord. They increased our bill after I rung them and explained I was furloughed from work and asked if there was any temporary help they could give us.

They said no and a week later, price hike.

Catsmother

Don't mess with The Catsmother!
Community Leader
That was the driving force behind us cutting the cord. They increased our bill after I rung them and explained I was furloughed from work and asked if there was any temporary help they could give us.

They said no and a week later, price hike.
Yeah they rip you off. I threaten to leave them all the time. They gave me a huge discount the last time I spoke with them. I have been with them for years.

PGen98

Title Custom
Community Leader
I haven't had a traditional TV service in over a decade. Stuck with just Netflix and Hulu for a number of years, then added in Prime Video, but over these past few years I've been building up my own library on my Plex server (running from my desktop...really need a NAS!) and have been working on getting it to the point where we can just run Plex and get rid of Netflix and Hulu, save a bit of money.

Nerdface

I haven't bothered getting Sky again since leaving the marital home last summer, and I made her continue paying the existing contract (otherwise I'd have cancelled it FoC due to moving house).. I don't have enough time to watch much TV these days!

I still have Netflix and Amazon Prime, but even those services don't get much use from me.. 😅

Neelix

I have both cable, Netflix, and I’m buying Peacock soon because they bought out the WWE Network.

Lee

Community Leader
I have both cable, Netflix, and I’m buying Peacock soon because they bought out the WWE Network.
Have you ever thought about abandoning cable TV for online only services?