The Life Spot
What's new

I'm looking for something to read...

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
Can anybody recommend anything? I like crime thrillers and psychological thrillers.

I have amazon kindle unlimited so preferably something there, but I'm not against purchasing a book.

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
Have you read James Patterson's The Postcard Killers?

"Europe is stunning in the summer . . . but NYPD detective Jacob Kanon isn't there for the beauty. He's on a mission: to track down his daughter's killer.

NYPD detective Jacob Kanon is on a tour of Europe's most gorgeous cities. But the sights aren't what draw him-he sees each museum, each cathedral, and each cafe through the eyes of his daughter's killer.

Kanon's daughter, Kimmy, and her boyfriend were murdered while on vacation in Rome. Since then, young couples in Paris, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm have been found dead. Little connects the murders, other than a postcard to the local newspaper that precedes each new victim.

Now Kanon teams up with the Swedish reporter, Dessie Larsson, who has just received a postcard in Stockholm-and they think they know where the next victims will be. With relentless twists and unstoppable action, The Postcard Killers may be James Patterson's most vivid and compelling thriller yet."

OP
Lee

Lee

Community Leader
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
I do like James Patterson but no I have never read that one.

I will see if I can find it on the Kindle Store and let you know how I get on :D

Dave

Apr 1, 2021
Not so much a crime thriller, but a darn good read still is:

Where late the sweet birds sang by Kate Wilhelm - it's available on Kindle Unlimited HERE

OP
Lee

Lee

Community Leader
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
Excellent, thank you Dave I will definitely check it out! :)

ZandraJoi

May 8, 2021
You ever try the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child? My husband loves those. Otherwise, I don't have any other recommendations as I don't read novels. Did you decide on anything yet?

OP
Lee

Lee

Community Leader
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
No, I have never tried that series. I have yet to choose. It takes me a long time to make a decision these days. Before I used to read a book a day, easily. My attention span is dreadful these days.

JennyorAlice

Jun 13, 2021
Have you tried the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series? The first three books were written by Stieg Larsson but the series is continue by David Lagercrantz.

OP
Lee

Lee

Community Leader
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
Have you tried the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series? The first three books were written by Stieg Larsson but the series is continue by David Lagercrantz.
I actually have, yes. Really enjoyed that series. Books are much better than the movie.

JennyorAlice

Jun 13, 2021
Lee Lee I'm glad you liked those. I also agree with you. I find that I like the book better than the movie 100% of the time, regardless of which book/movie it is.

This weeks popular threads

Latest posts

Menu Hub Community Blogs Help