The Life Spot
What's new

Pet names used as passwords

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Community Helper
Mar 31, 2021
Nope, I have a format for passwords and no two passwords are alike for me. 2FA turned on where possible, as well.

• Love
Reactions: Lee

Dave

Apr 1, 2021
Not on your Nellie, or any other part. I use a password manager and have really strong individual passwords for any site that I login to ;)

Catsmother

Don't mess with The Catsmother!
Mar 31, 2021
No way Lol

I am awful remembering passwords though. need to write them all down. I have on some but there's that many Lol

• Love
Reactions: Lee

Nerdface

Apr 3, 2021
Nope - although I am due a password update.. 😅

I rarely use the same password(s) more than once anymore, which is something that feels as though it's been a fairly recent advisory but actually makes a lot of sense. I tend to use a system to make them easier to remember, but still hard enough to guess or hack.

I tried using a password manager such as LastPass, but couldn't really get along with it.

Kyng

Apr 23, 2021
I'm not - although, my sister used to when she was younger. I think she stopped after I broke into her account!

(I don't try to break into people's accounts any more anyway XD)

ZandraJoi

May 8, 2021
I make passwords unique but don't use names. Now, if it was a pet I had, say, 20 years ago, that was a unique name I invented, that would be different. Plus, I grew up with barn cats so I had A LOT of pets & a lot of names.

Lammchen

May 10, 2021
I have to have a pet in order to use its name :D LOL

Seriously, using a pet's name is SO 1990s.

Most of my passwords are completely random things that I type up on a whim using all the strong requirements necessary. No one can guess them and I can't even remember them so I use different ways to store them depending on what kind of site it is.

JoyFreak

May 27, 2021
No, I don't use it as my password. It's very common name. My cat is called Gucci so it's probably below the average characters used for a password.

Dave

Apr 1, 2021
Just as an aside. if anyone is not using strong passwords because they would be impossible to remember, the best password manager out there is Dashlane - just Google it.

It's not cheap, but then it's not expensive either and it will help you to keep your passwords secure and strong. For most sites it will automatically log you in so you don't have to do anything.

Check it out, it's worth the asking price for peace of mind.

like.gif

Teg

Jun 11, 2021
I'm not. I use a combination of two different passwords that are 16 bit encryption keys that I memorized. I get on people all the time about the security of their accounts. Especially the boyfriend. But, I have a good memory and I am able to remember stuff like that pretty easily. Some people can't so I do recommend they keep a book or find a good password manager online that is secure.

This weeks popular threads

Latest posts

Menu Hub Community Blogs Help