Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Pokémon

Genre: Animation, Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 1997-04-01

Creator: Satoshi Tajiri, Junichi Masuda, Ken Sugimori

Cast: Rica Matsumoto, Ikue Otani, Daiki Yamashita, Kenyu Horiuchi

Overview: Join Satoshi accompanied by his partner Pikachu, as he travels through many regions, meets new friends and faces new challenges on his quest to become a Pokémon Master.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
This was one of my favourite shows as a child, and I tried to watch it again not long ago for nostalgia purposes and it's just so over the top it's hard to get back into :D. I enjoy the storylines, it's the constant Team Rocket nonsense that gets old episode after episode, though of course there are the good episodes involving Meowth or James that makes them worthwhile, but the rest of the time...geez...It's a fun reminder, though, I was obsessed as a child :D

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
I've watched it 3 or 4 times this year with my children. They are now obsessed too. We own all the available Pokemon games on the switch and we have an assortment of cuddly Pokemon teddy's.

Is it sad that I still find it entertaining at 33 years old? :D

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Nope, I think it's fantastic when you can get back into something from your childhood and then share it with your children. A great way to form a shared bond! I've managed to get back into a few things from my childhood, and I love them as much as a 33 year old as I did when I was 5, 10, 14, 15, whatever age I was when they first came out.

Did you ever watch the short-lived cartoon The Hurricanes? It's so hard to track down now, because it only lasted about 8 episodes, but I had it on video for whatever reason when I still lived in the UK and I've looked it up so many times as an adult and the nostalgia every time I hear that theme song is just incredible.

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
I haven't seen this no. But that youtube video makes me want too. Will I be able to find it anywhere? :D

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
wow...apparently I'm wrong and there are 65 episodes of it now...that's strange. I could've sworn it was cancelled after the first series. I tried to find it streaming somewhere, but it looks like it was last available on STV's online streaming service and nowhere else. There are one or two episodes on YouTube, still, but the whole show doesn't even appear to have been released on DVD. It's very, very hard to track down, but it was such a fantastic series when I was younger :D

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
It's probably a lot easier to find in the UK, since it was more popular there than it was in the US, but I just remember being so wrapped up in it as a child and I never forgot that intro theme song...such a good one :)

TV show information provided by The Movie Database