Mental Illness Secret codes

Do secret codes ever appear inside images that people use as profile pictures or avatar things? i know sometimes secret codes appear inside posts when i dont want them to, and if i have restrictoins for too long on forums the message that comes up saying a moderator or admin has to see this first, it will eventually get a secret code hid inside that message as well that accuses me of harming then killing Ebony cause of her brain cancers :(

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
There are no secret messages here, hidden in text or images. I promise you. This is a safe place for you to be.

❤️

sorry Lee what do i do if they ever do appear on here cause a certain admin from a forum that's old name began with Psych and ended with Central broke into this forum and put the secret codes inside the posts just to mess with me ? :(

he did that to discord which is why i stopped using it and deleted it

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
You can report any posts you think are unsafe using the little report button at the bottom of each message. :hug

I can 100% guarantee you that cannot happen here though. It isn't possible for anybody to break in to the software here, it is as secure as it can possibly be.

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
i hope nothing bad happens to you, Lee, or anyone else here :(
Thank you. As an admin it is my job to try and make this place safe for everyone, so if you ever feel like that isn't the case - you can just let me know and i'll do my best to reassure / explain anything.

Is there ever any occasion when admin would give a member's email address to a company? cause i got a strange email from a company i never heard of but according to google its a real company and the creepy thing is they said my name in the email when i dont have my real name on that email address i dont think

i dont mean admin having to give details about a member to the polices, i mean a actual company that then emails the member using the real name of the member

sorry this is really freaking me out now :(

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
No. Personal data is absolutely private and it would actually be against UK law for us to resell or distribute any of that data without the prior consent of any of our members.

I understand your concerns. The internet and public forums can be scary. I have seen a number of things I wish I hadn't online. This feels like a very safe place though. I would not have joined otherwise. I hope you are doing well. Don't apologize for your worries or fears, we all have them.

Dave

One the more unpleasant aspects of the Internet is that we are open to exposure to all manner of things. It's a risk we take everytime we log on to the Internet. As @Lee explained this forum software is very secure and the developers spend a lot of time ensuring that it remains that way with regular updates and fixes to potential issues they have been alerted to. It's professional software developed by professional coders; the link to their site is always visible in the footer of every page. I use it myself and find it incredibly robust; I actually have two licences and I'm thinking of getting another.

Data protection laws prohibit site owners from selling or giving out any personal information from ANY site regardless of who owns it and there are incredibly heavy fines that can be levied for those who ignore the law. Every part of your personal data is protected and only you can say what an Admin can do with it; in truth, the only personal data held is your email address and that is only visible to admins (perhaps moderators, I can't say for sure on that last point as I don't have moderators lol).

As for secret messages, I'm a little perplexed on this one as secret implies that no one knows so how can you tell if it is secret? I'm assuming that you may mean subliminal messages designed to influence you - again, as @Lee stated, if you see any posts that you are not happy with just report them and they will be looked into. You are in safe hands here :)

• Agree
Reactions: Lee