Movies The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)

Tagline: Evil Has Reigned For 100 Years...

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Director: Andrew Adamson

Cast: Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, Tilda Swinton, James McAvoy, Jim Broadbent, Kiran Shah, James Cosmo, Judy McIntosh, Elizabeth Hawthorne, Patrick Kake, Shane Rangi, Brandon Cook, Cassie Cook, Morris Lupton, Shelly Edwards, Susan Haldane, Margaret Bremner, Jaxin Hall, Terry Murdoch, Katrina Browne, Lee Tuson, Elizabeth Kirk, Felicity Hamill, Kate O'Rourke, Sonya Hitchcock, Lucy Tanner, Tiggy Mathias, Gregory Cooper, Richard King, Russell Pickering, Ben Barrington, Charles Williams, Vanessa Cater, Allison Sarofim, Alina Phelan, Stephen Ure, Sam La Hood, Ajay Ratilal Navi, Bhoja 'BK' Kannada, Zakiuddin Mohd. Farooque, M. Ramaswami, Praphaphorn 'Fon' Chansantor, Nikhom Nusungnern, Doungdieo Savangvong, Rachael Henley, Mark Wells, Noah Huntley, Sophie Winkleman, Liam Neeson, Ray Winstone, Dawn French, Rupert Everett, Cameron Rhodes, Philip Steuer, Jim May, Sim Evan-Jones, Douglas Gresham

Release: 2005-12-07

Runtime: 143

Plot: Siblings Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter step through a magical wardrobe and find the land of Narnia. There, they discover a charming, once peaceful kingdom that has been plunged into eternal winter by the evil White Witch, Jadis. Aided by the wise and magnificent lion, Aslan, the children lead Narnia into a spectacular, climactic battle to be free of the Witch's glacial powers forever.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
I love C.S. Lewis' works, they're fantastic. I wish they'd made more of the Narnia books into films, giving some needed context, but I understand they wanted to focus mostly on the Pevensie siblings, so it wasn't to be. The films are a good retelling of the books, though obviously being films they do lose out on a decent amount of content to streamline the story. Great film :)

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
I am a huge fan of the C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia books. I also loved both the BBC WonderWorks and Disney films. I too wish they would continue to make more books into films.

Have you ever read C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy books?

Some of my books..

lJABpp.jpg

Last edited:

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
I am a huge fan of the C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia books. I also loved both the BBC DreamWorks and Disney films. I too wish they would continue to make more books into films.

Have you ever read C.S.Lewis' Space Trilogy books?

Some of my books..

lJABpp.jpg
I have read the space trilogy, but I have read Out of the Silent Planet, so 1/3 at least :D.

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
Here are remastered copies of the BBC WonderWorks' versions of C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (split into chapters but all are included on this one video); Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair (old school fans of the Dr. Who series are in for a surprise)

Last edited:

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Saving this link for later, for sure! The intro reminds me of an episode of Midsomer Murders :D

Ash

Active User
Loved the book and loved the movie as well. I've watched the sequels but not sure if I only watch bits and pieces or if I watched them properly.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database