The football round-up 24.04.21

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
Liverpool drawing 1 - 1 with Newcastle was certainly a shock and most probably not a point that the Geordies expected to take. That would pretty much guarantee Premier League football for the toon next season.

Middlesbrough back to winning ways now that there is nothing to play for, with a convincing 3 - 1 victory over a pretty much relegated Sheffield Wednesday - a club that is far too big to be playing in League 1.

A good 0 - 1 victory for Bolton Wanderers means promotion can be secured back to League 1 next weekend. Hopefully all goes to plan and the Wanderers are back in the Championship soon!

Looks like Sunderland will need the playoffs to secure promotion to the Championship, doing their best to blow the automatic promotion places and make things as difficult as possible for themselves.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
2 matches left and only 2 points out of first place, if Bolton take maximum points and both 1 and 2 stumble, there's a shot! It would be quite nice to see them win the league, but I'm absolutely ecstatic they're this close to automatic promotion, irrespective if it's 1st or 3rd. Just need to finish the job!

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Bolton managed a win today to secure automatic promotion back to League One. A step in the right direction, but now starts the process of building a squad capable of taking them back to the Championship.

OP
Lee

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
Hopefully they aren't too far away from that already. Middlesbrough ended the season in typical fashion with a 3 - 0 loss to Wycombe Wanderers :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Ouch, poor Middlesbrough!

Bolton do have a squad that should be competitive in League One, but they're going to need some pieces in defense, a new keeper (Gilks is good for League Two, but he's Bolton's goalkeeper coach, so shouldn't really be manning the sticks in games), likely a striker. With the embargo finally lifted, it'll be very interesting to see who they go after, it will also be interesting to see what's going on with the Kamani brothers, who apparently met with Sharon Brittan recently to discuss something. If they're investing, I'm very excited!