Movies The History Boys (2006)

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The History Boys (2006)

Tagline: History. It's just one bloody thing after another.

Genre: Comedy, Drama

Director: Nicholas Hytner

Cast: Samuel Anderson, Dominic Cooper, James Corden, Richard Griffiths, Samuel Barnett, Russell Tovey, Jamie Parker, Andrew Knott, Sacha Dhawan, Stephen Campbell Moore, Frances de la Tour, Clive Merrison, Penelope Wilton, Adrian Scarborough, Georgia Taylor, Patrick Godfrey

Release: 2006-10-02

Runtime: 109

Plot: The story of an unruly class of bright, funny history students at a Yorkshire grammar school in pursuit of an undergraduate place at Oxford or Cambridge. Bounced between their maverick English master, a young and shrewd teacher hired to up their test scores, a grossly out-numbered history teacher, and a headmaster obsessed with results, the boys attempt to pass.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I really love this film. It's an adaptation of the play of the same name, featuring the same original cast (Richard Griffiths, Frances De La Tours, James Corden, etc). It's an absolutely hilarious film that takes a look at school life in the 1980s through the eyes of OxBridge candidates and the stresses and struggles attached to life as a candidate.

Reactions: Lee
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database