Lee

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
Community Helper
Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
I must reread the LOTR series, but I find the hobbit some of the slowest starting stories. They take some series commitment IMHO but yet much much better better further in you get.

Dave

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
I'm afraid my reading days are all but done - I can only read in bed, I need total silence and no distractions, and unfortunately the medication I take at night knocks me out so I can barely read one paragraph. However, my last read was a series of books by Michael. R. Hicks (fantastic author I can wholeheartedly recommend) called In Her Name.

You can visit Michael's site HERE

His books are HERE

1617269206453.png

OP
Lee

Lee

I'll see you in Valhalla!
Community Leader
Community Helper
Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
I'm afraid my reading days are all but done - I can only read in bed, I need total silence and no distractions, and unfortunately the medication I take at night knocks me out so I can barely read one paragraph. However, my last read was a series of books by Michael. R. Hicks (fantastic author I can wholeheartedly recommend) called In Her Name.

You can visit Michael's site HERE

His books are HERE

View attachment 2
Thanks for the recommendation, I will certainly check it out.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Community Helper
Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
I must reread the LOTR series, but I find the hobbit some of the slowest starting stories. They take some series commitment IMHO but yet much much better better further in you get.
Sadly, this is true. The Hobbit is a tough one to get into at the start, but it builds very nicely indeed. You should try some of his tragedies like The Story of Kullervo of The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun. He knows how to write a very strong tragedy!

Ash

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
Nothing at the moment, to be honest. But I have been trying to find my old copy of the autobiography by Zlatan Ibrahimovich to read all over again.

gibby

Bronze Pieces
Silver Pieces
Gold Pieces
For the first time in ages I read a whole book on holiday called " The Appeal"

The Appeal​

by
Janice Hallett
4.08 · Rating details · 3,077 ratings · 457 reviews
IN A TOWN FULL OF SECRETS
SOMEONE WAS MURDERED.
SOMEONE WENT TO PRISON.
AND EVERYONE'S A SUSPECT.
CAN YOU UNCOVER THE TRUTH?

Dear Reader,

Enclosed are documents relating to the events surrounding the Fairway Players' staging of All My Sons, and the tragic death of one of its members. Another member is currently in prison for the crime. We have reason to suspect that they are inn ...more