Anxiety What Are Your Common Triggers for Anxiety?

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
When it comes to anxiety, what things tend to trigger it for you?

For me it's everything social, certain doctors, every time I go to the hospital ER/A&E, even something simple like going in for a takeaway when there are people inside already...lots of things trigger my anxiety issues. How about you?

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
Dental appointments top the list. I don't like crowds or attending large social events. If I must attend, I make an appearance just to be seen and then I beat a hasty retreat. It's not that I don't like people, I can talk to just about anyone but I feel awkward and uncomfortable in large gatherings.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
Dental appointments top the list. I don't like crowds or attending large social events. If I must attend, I make an appearance just to be seen and then I beat a hasty retreat. It's not that I don't like people, I can talk to just about anyone but I feel awkward and uncomfortable in large gatherings.
This is me, too, I hate gatherings, being around to many people at once. It's awful! I hate my birthdays, too, because people focus on me, and that just gets me so anxious! Not fun!

Lee

Can't get enough...!
Community Leader
Gatherings for me too, but not so much parties - more things where I am expected to speak, so meetings, conferences, team calls etc.

Mira

I am ok in gatherings. It happens for me as soon as I need to do something. But I can handle a lot of situations. But I am terrible of asking things of people irl. And women I like are a massive trigger to me. Both in a good way and bad way.