You Dont Know What Someone Is Going Through

PGen98

I, Am I?
Community Leader
I'm crying my eyes out because I feel her pain so much. I'd give anything to have a chat like that with my mother, even knowing she doesn't know me now...but she's further gone than he is. Very true sentiment, though, you have no idea what someone else is going through.

Dave

I've been an advocate of the wrongly perceived understanding that someone knows how you feel or what you're going through. Even if they've been through it themselves, no one, and I mean no one, can understand what another person is feeling or how whatever they are going through affects them. It really irks me when someone says 'I know how you feel' or 'I know what you're going through' because they don't, simply because they are not you. Everyone feels differently, everyone experiences life differently and the only person who knows and understands what you are going through, is you. Good call on that video, very poignant.

Foxy

Community Helper
Community Helper
Both my parents were in crisis at the same time. I went from sitting at my Mom's bedside at the Hospital/Rehab/Hospice at the same time I was going to the nursing home for my Dad. Additionally my Dad was rushed to the hospital many times. Each time the phone rang in the wee hours of the morning I never knew if it was to inform me my Mom passed or my Dad was on his way to the hospital again. It was brutal.

After Mom passed I suffered from PTSD for a very long time. I had frequent recurring dreams that my Mother came back to life but they were terrible dreams where she looked sick. All I could feel was oh no, I can't go through this again, it's too much. I woke up every morning exhausted and confused about whether or not she was gone or was it all just a bad dream. It would take me a few minutes to get my head straight because I was truly disoriented. I really thought I was losing my mind.

I really wish people would take to heart that statement about being kinder than necessary, You really never know what someone is battling, so many hide behind a facade to appear fine when inside their hearts are breaking.